Dear Fernando.. An Open Letter, About the future of F1
In the FIA official press conference prior to the Austrian GP you asked for the fans to come together and let you know how they would improve F1. So I asked my Twitter followers and Facebook ‘likers’ to see how the Formula One fans would like to see the sport changed. The responses are wide and varied so I have listed them below. I hope that some of this helps and gives you an idea of the thoughts of the public.
- Reduce F1 to a 2 day weekend format but with 25 race weekends a year? Include a sprint race on a saturday?
- Bring back fat tyres & skinny wings – decrease the reliance on aerodynamics (should make it easier to follow in the wake of another car)
- Use the free F1 app to include in-race poll’s on events and incidents, display results in world feed
- Make the whole contents of the F1 app free, a paid version should just be to get rid of ads. It needs to be free for fans to keep up with the sport.
- Where it is not possible to have free-to-air coverage, allow free to air full replays of races
- Why is there not an active F1 official tweeter at all events, catching sneaky photos from the pitlane or the stewards office etc, it’d gain millions of followers and be a great platform to promote official F1 partnerships etc
- Allow fans better access at race weekends? Make drivers more available to the public